Below is just a selection of the many artifacts and documents that comprise the permanent collection of the Richmond Museum of History. All materials are available to the public during open hours. Click the link for a finding guide that includes a list of items in each collection. The research room is open during normal hours of operation.
If you wish to conduct research in the collection, you are encouraged to call 510-235-7387 to make discuss your project and make an appointment.
- More than 4,000 photographs of local people and places
- Over 200 maps including Sanborn Fire Insurance Map books of Richmond
- Fore n Aft Magazine-Weekly newsletter of the Kaiser Richmond Shipyard (1941-1946)
- Standard Oil Bulletin and Standard Oiler Magazine
- Richmond Daily Independent newspaper collection dates from 1908-1945
- Yearbooks from local schools Yearbooks Finding Guide
- Richmond City Directory and Phone Books (1903-2016) Richmond Museum of History Phone Book City Directory Finding Guide July 2016
Call or Write us:
Phone: (510) 235-7387