At the annual membership meeting of the Richmond Museum Association (RMA) held on January 11, 2015, Ms. Lydia Stewart of Stewart’s Rose Manor Funeral Service was elected as the newest member of the RMA Board of Directors!
Ms. Stewart comes to the RMA with impressive credentials!! She is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley. She has?performed graduate studies at the University of California, Los Angeles and also at the University of San Francisco Law School. She has taught English to middle? and high school students for both West Contra Costa and Los?Angeles?Unified School Districts.? Also being?schooled in the Performing Arts, she has taught Drama and Dance?at the East Bay Center for Performing Arts in Richmond, California.
Some of Ms. Stewart’s Honors and Awards are as follows:
- 2001 “Woman of the Year” by the Business and Professional Woman’s Federation
- 2002 “Young Funeral Director of the Year” by the California Funeral Directors Association
- 2003 Honored for her contribution to African American Entrepreneurship by the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
- 2003 Honored by the Phylaxis Society for Bucks/Business in the four B’s Award Program
- 2003 Honored as a “Woman of Distinction” by Soroptimist International
- 2010 Honored by the Beta Pi Sigma Sorority as a “Woman of Valor” and recognized by the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors and City of Richmond
- 2010 Awarded a Certificate of Appreciation for contributions to the community from Elisabeth Missionary Baptist Church at their “History Making Program”
- 2010 Honored and recognized by the California Funeral Directors Association for significant contributions to the funeral industry
- 2013 Received Honorable Judge George Carroll Community Service Award by the “Black American Political Action Committee (BAPAC)
- 2013 Certificate of Recognition from California Senate for Exemplary Work and Outstanding Dedication
- 2013 Certificate of Recognition from California Legislature Assembly for Continued Commitment to Community
- 2013 Certificate of Achievement from the US State Congressman for community service
Welcome to the RMA, Lydia!